Saturday, October 22, 2011

Safely in Almaty...

Yay! After a loooooooooong trip. 8 hours on a plane from Houston to London, then 8 more from London to Almaty. With an several hours in between at airports! We got into Almaty at 12am, with so many russian's around me I was beginning to feel really excited! The officers at Almaty are very serious looking not a smile would be seen on their faces. We don't smile like Americans with teeth, we simple stretch out lips to give a soft smile. You always know who are the Americans, their smiling from ear to ear. :) That's how I felt as we stood their among many russian. I told my dad to stop smiling or we would look suspicious to the Kazak Officers, jokingly. :) I felt like a true American smiling to everyone I see, and I couldn't help it, I was back in Almaty! My previous home city, where I grew up, where God brought me up as child! The weather was cold, but not freezing, just perfect, I thought. It was around upper 40's. As I stepped out from the airport doors the familiar smokey smell of Kazakhstan, that I remembered, filled the air.

I was starting to get confussed between Russian and English. How can people do it? I guess it takes practice to get comfortable switching languages. That's what I need to keep on practicing. I get on Russian grove then I forget how to say things in English and I start speaking with a strange unknown accent. Essian= when you mix russian and english together. (my own definition) :) I have a picture from us going to Houston  I couldn't download the rest of pictures from the iphone, so they will have to wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment