Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Couple Days.....

Dear Readers,


  Today we got to go to the orphanage I was at and visit. Vova came with us and it was exciting to see him after 7 years. My director was so nice. She showed us around the orphanage and the group I was from. A lot changed there, it looks so much nicer now. They fixed up the orphanage really pretty. After looking around we went to a small group of 8 kids ages 7-10, and gave them some treats. Most kids were at school and the orphanage was quiet. The little girls really enjoyed the bouncy balls that were in the baggies. One of the little girls showed me the room where she stays in with her friends. Adorable! A lot of kids I grew up with were already in colleges and working. I had a really good friend growing up her name was Dasha, she became more of a sister to me. I was hoping to find her while I was in Almaty. I asked the director and she tried to find what college she was going to. We  found the college were the Director of the college helped us to locate her. She wasn't at the college. After many phone calls and the kind help of others, we found her mobile number. I was so excited! I never forgotten Dasha. We were both so excited to see each other! In KZ, we grow up walking in parks, and doing things outside. We didn't have all the technology, phones, computers, we didn't even watch TV that often. We had time to spend together! I love that about Almaty, though it is catching up to the technology, people are still doing things in the real world instead of cyber space. Anyways, we walked in park and had a wonderful time catching up. She is doing ok, she lives with her mother now, but her mom drinks, she has been an alcoholic all Dasha's life. Dasha was in the orphanage 18 years. When she wanted to be adopted, her mother wouldn't let her. So she lives with her, and it's hard. I know it's difficult to live with an alcoholic, my dad was one. My heart truly ached for her. She didn't have much to eat, she's going to school on the orphanage funding. I wanted to take her home with me. Honestly, I wanted to take every child that was in the orphanage home with me. It was hard for her to go home. When I asked her if she needed to go home after we were done visiting, she  was quiet, I knew I would keep her with me as long as I could. She spent 2 days with us, I'm so thankful to God for letting me find her, and spend time with her. I got to give her  a Bible, I pray God could use it to open her heart to Him and to take comfort. 


Vova and I also had a small chance to visit. He looked good. Still looking for a good job. He graduated from college studying computer programming. Keep praying that he would find a good job. We gave him a Texas Longhorn backpack, hoodie, sticker, Father's Love Letter, and candy. He likes the Texas Longhorn. Also thankful for your encouraging words.


The girls room/ ages 7-10 
She was such a happy little girl!

on their beds

the girls opening their gifts

older kids orphanages/  and their mom/caretaker/ Dere

Vova/Me/Daddy

Dere got to take them to the Mountains/they were so excited! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures Ashleigh...so beautiful..they warm my heart! You look gorgeous, by the way. =)

    ReplyDelete