Sunday, October 23, 2011

First Day In Almaty....

Dear Readers,

My first day in Almaty; full of memories and leaves, beautiful fall leaves. From our outside window I could see a line of trees that are showing their fall colors. Most of the leaves here are yellow, bright yellow! They fall from the  branches and dance their way down to touch the ground. The weather, couldn't be better, in 60's. We walked in Panlov Park. The park I used to walk as a little girl with my dad. At lunch I got to see my grandma and aunt. We haven't seen each other in 7 years. It was filled with many hugs. We ate a big lunch, Borsh which is a beet soup, one of my favorites,  cow's tongue, which sounds absolutely gross but it was good. There were fish eggs, which I just couldn't bring myself  to eat. I never knew they were fish eggs when I was growing up so I ate them just fine, but then I came to America and I found out what it really was. Then we all went walking at park and there were many weddings going on, the Kazak/Russian brides looked really pretty. Today was a good day. This morning I didn't feel jet lagged,  but now at almost seven p.m  I am about to fall asleep. Oh! I'm in love with Russian Squirrels! They are just the best. I saw two today.  Here are pictures from today:

outside our window...

walking in one of my fav. parks..

Famous Church..beautiful..

there were a lot of doves that were fed/ the picture only shows one section

this one is my favorite picture/ The birds were spooked and went flying up  very low..they circled around and round. It was really neat to see so many birds and so close. 

There is my buddy!! He's the best! ...Those ears.. Adorable!

One of many weddings. I thought she looked really pretty. Two words came to my mind. Snow White.

Krasivaya=Beautiful








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your posts, Ashleigh! We are so excited for you!! I love your openness and your descriptions of what it's like for you to be back. I love your pictures and your words. Thanks for sharing your heart with us!! You are in our prayers!!!

    Love and hugs,
    Lisal (Mrs. McDonald)

    P.S. MK is asleep in bed with a fever and a cough. She will enjoy reading your blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete