Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Task that Counts

-Do the most everyday and insignificant task knowing that God can see. 

Doesn't that make you look at it differently?  Now, not only are you doing a task, but you are doing it for Christ. Not only your doing it for Christ you know it's no longer insignificant, now it has a purpose. If you know it or not, I could tell you right now that people observe you. Like when your sitting in an airport you observe people. Wondering where they are from, where they are going, what they are  doing. 

If you live with difficult people win them with love. The things we do today-sowing seeds or sharing simple truths of Christ-people will refer as to as the things that prompted them to think of Him. I will be satisfied if when I die not to have a great big tombstone over my grave but in steed to have people gather there once  I'm gone and say "She never preformed any miracles, but she told me about Christ, which led me to know Him for myself."  

Jesus must energize our service, He must be the focus. 

 I encourage you to be willing to be a voice that is heard but not seen, or a mirror whose glass the eye cannot see because it's reflecting Christ. 

"Whatever you do,work at it with all your heart,as working for the Lord, not for men,since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." -Colossians 3:23-24

"For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;"  - 2 Corinthians 2:15

"Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." 
Psalm 34:5


Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment