Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Faith Journey New Lessons.....

Dear Readers, 


Whew! What a couple of months! Thanksgiving, and here comes Christmas faster then you expect it. As it likes to sneak up on you. One day it's  in the 80's and *POOF* it's in the 40's low 30's! Can you believe it? I am so excited! This is one of my favorite seasons, as Thanksgiving comes I always look on how much I have and how much God has showered me with His grace! He is so amazing, no words can describe it. Then it's Christmas, looking at what God did for me. Once again my heart is full of thanksgiving and joy. With all the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping and trips across the states to visit relatives, I have to stop and be still and thank God for sending dear Jesus to save me. I pray your Christmas celebration would be a blessing to you this year!


So in these few months I have learned so many lessons and would like to share them. :) He has thought stubborn me that I become thirsty for Him and if I keep going day to day without a drink of His word, I become weak and require strength. After a while of doing so, I have a collapse. I have been drifting farther away from Him and He send me a trial to bring me back to Him. I absolutely need Him all the time! All the time! Not just once a week. Everyday! And I will fail again but God is so merciful to me. 


That brings me to my next biggest lesson I've learned. I need to focus on things that are godly. There are so many things today that our enemy uses to draw us far from God. The biggest of which is media and music. It has an impact on you if you know it or not. What you watch or listen to,  will define your view on how life should be. People today watch movies and want to be like those people, want to look like them, and view the actions of the actors as the "norm". Or when you see young boys with their pants half down and listening to rap. Where did that come from? From the people and the things that influences them the most, they acted what they saw in others to be the "norm".  It's called Influence.What I'm saying is, what you choose to put in your life will either draw you close to God or farther..Though it is hard at times. I have to focus on things that are going to encourage me in my faith in Christ and not the things of the world. For me personally I try to stay away from TV shows, and popular movies that have things that are going to make my mind wonder in the wrong direction. It's difficult because our cultures views are immersed everywhere, but with God's strength it's always possible. :)


 I hope you don't see this post and feel like I'm telling you to do those things, I am writing from my heart to share things God has thought me. I felt passionate and writing about things that I'm passionate about, make me excited. But I do encourage those who read this, to draw near to God and to serve Him in everything that you do.



Philippians 4:8


"Finally, brothers,
whatever is true,
whatever is noble,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable-
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think
about such things."







Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment